STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING- II
2013 (A) Subject Code : 101401
1. Analyse the given beam using moment distribution method :
2. Analyse the given frame using moment distribution method :
4. Analyse the given portal frame using slope deflection method :
5. A two hinged parabolic arch has a span of 30 m and a central rise of 5 m. calculate the maximum positive and negative bending moment at a section distant 10 m from the left support, due to single point load of 10 KN rolling from left to right .
6. A Suspension bridge with two-hinged stiffening girder has a span of 100 m and the cables have a central dip of 10 m. The Stiffening girders are 4 m deep and have moment of inertia equal to 1.64 x 10^10 mm^4. If the temperature falls through 22 K, Calculate (1) flange stress and (2) increase in tension in the cable . E = 2 x10^5 N/mm^2, alpha = 11 x10^-6 per 1K.
7. Determine the influence line for the shear force at D, the middle point of span BC of the continuous beam :