In the “Design of Steel Structures“, we must have the knowledge about the Common Steel structures. This will an idea in your mind to have the type of frames and structures as per the requirement of the structure. In our Everyday life we have structures like factories, Cinema Halls, Girders, Columns, Bus Stand, Auditoriums, Stadiums, Transmission towers. So, to have an idea about the components of the structures that are being used are as , so read it completely on www.civilengineer.co.in
Steel has high strength per unit mass. Hence, it is used in constructing large column free structures.
- Roof truss for factories, cinema Halls, Auditoriums etc.
- Trussed bents, Crane girders, columns etc., in industrial structures.
- Roof trusses and columns to cover platforms in Railway stations and bus stands.
- Single layer or double layer domes for auditoriums, exhibition halls, indoor stadiums etc.
- Plate girder and truss bridges for railways and roads.
- Transmission towers for Microwave and Electric Power.
- Water Tanks.
- Chimneys etc.
Next Topic for your study will be “Advantages and Disadvantages of Steel Structures”