Civil Engineers having a Global Impact
Join us in Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the Panama Canal
What better way to study global engineering than with an intimate tour of the Panama Canal, one of the 20th century’s construction marvels? Hear from the Administrator of the Panama Canal Authority and celebrate the centennial of this remarkable interoceanic waterway. Examine development projects big and small, focusing on the construction, financial, political and engineering aspects. With our partner, Engineers Without Borders-USA, study sustainable development from a global perspective through the historically rich lens of Panama.
Top Three Reasons to Attend
- Panama Canal Anniversary – Join ASCE and EWB-USA for your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Panama Canal. To help commemorate this occasion, your full registration will include a basic tour of the Panama Canal.
- Panama is close and easiliy accessible – For an international destination Panama is not that far away. Panama City is a 6.5 hour flight from LAX and 5.5 hours from New York. Airlines such as United and Copa offer direct flights from several US cities.
- ASCE & EWB-USA partnership – For the first time, ASCE and EWB-USA are partnering together to provide you with an outstanding program you won’t want to miss. Be a part of this momentous occasion!
- Program topics such as Giga projects focusing on construction, financial, political, and engineering aspects
- EWB-USA credit course: earn college credit or CEUs for your professional development
- Tours of the Panama Canal, a 50-mile waterway considered one of the seven wonders of the modern world
- Keynote speaker: Jorge L. Quijano, Administrator of the Panama Canal Authority, Honorary Conference Chair
- Tour the historical ruins of Panama City. Experience the history of this incredible location.
- Early Bird registration cut-off:8/14/14
- Lodging cut off date: 9/4/14
- Advanced registration cut-off:9/25/14